Flexible Sensors for Health
Understanding or controlling complex systems is only feasible with the necessary data basis. Increas-ingly sophisticated sensors are needed to measure physiologically relevant quantities. Acquisition of such data on or near living organisms imposes special challenges. The sensor must work reliably under complex and variable conditions. Most sensors used today are bulky and need complex connectivity to extract the sensor information.
- Novel sensing materials (e.g. functionalized polymers, ceramics etc.)
- Novel forms (e.g. processing)
- Highly structured sensing films (e.g. specific functional surface)
- Sensing surfaces (e.g. specific affinity chemistry)
- Sensing techniques (e.g. cheap, portable, reliable, etc.)
- Simple connectivity (e.g. electrical, optical, etc.)
- Long-term host compatibility (e.g. biocompatibility)
- We address these challenges by an interdisciplinary network.
- We are interested in both fundamental and applied research.
- We are competent to collaborate with academic and research institutions and industrial partners alike.